At OSRE we believe that renting or buying a home can be as simple – and certainly as fun – as booking a plane ticket. This results in satisfied candidates and makes the work of the owner, manager or broker easier and more fun. And that results in a happy residents! This is why we develop software that challenges and improves existing work processes. We are a 17-person team, based in the Sloterdijk area of Amsterdam.
Working as Medior PHP back-end developer
As developer at OSRE you will be part of a communicative Agile team consisting of four back-end developers and one UI / front-end developer. The team is led by a lead developer in close collaboration with the product owner. We follow a Scrum rhythm with bi-weekly sprints and daily stand-up meetings at the start of each day. On fridays we close the week with drinks and bites.
Your daily activities consist of working on the expansion and improvement of our platform. You will also design and build microservices, work on the customer portals and – on a basic level – our platform. You will be using JSON APIs on a daily basis and over time learn how OSRE builds applications. While doing so, you will make the step from OOP / MVC to Domain Driven Design and CQRS.
Besides programming, you will be working on refinement of the feature backlog and contribute to the larger architectural issues. In addition, you will occasionally be involved in design sessions, in which cross-functional teams formulate solutions to problems of the business.
About the development team at OSRE
Over the past years the team has developed a clear vision on and a strategy for the development of our products: we make future proof software by focusing on sustainability, maintainability and quality. We are always keen on progression and looking for improvement. We are convinced that a development team as a whole is worth more than the individual. That is why open and continuous communication, cooperation (possibly in subteams) and sharing knowledge are high priority concerns.
What you offer us
The ideal candidate for the position of medior PHP back-end developer meets the following must-haves:
- You have 4+ years of professional experience, working as (preferably back-end) developer
- You have extensive experience with Composer and Git
- You have worked with frameworks such as Symfony and Laravel
- You have experience with SOLID and OOP
- You have extensive experience with PHP7
- PSR-2 and code quality are no strangers to you
- REST APIs are cut for you
- You have experience with SQL databases
In addition, we have a strong preference for candidates who can also offer us the nice to haves:
- Understanding ElasticSearch and Redis (NoSQL)
- Understanding of design patterns
- Understanding Linux and Unix
- Some understanding of methods for testing
- Possession of drones will be appreciated 😉
What we offer you
We offer you a challenging position in a rapidly growing organization, that grew extensive expertise in the area of SaaS applications. To enable you to learn from that experience, we offer:
- Informal cooperation with colleagues in an ambitious team
- Introduction to the latest techniques and principles
- A competitive salary
- Working on a product for large and demanding organizations
- Access to knowledge sessions, meetups, courses and events
- Unlimited supply of coffee, tea and fruit
- A place in our ping-pong and table football competition
Tips for your application
All too often it is difficult for us to assess your level of knowledge and experience based on solely a resume. If you have any recent projects or products that might give us an insight into your skills and expertise, please mention them in your motivation.
Furthermore, we advise you to study our website carefully, so that you can make your choices well considered.
Want to know more?
Do you have questions about this vacancy before, during or after your application? Please contact Kim Kesseler via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 20 700 8202.
Note for recruitment or intermediary agencies: acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.